Series 091/7 - St Peter's Parish Council minutes

Identity area

Reference code

AU AU-MTC 091/7


St Peter's Parish Council minutes


  • 1986-1991 (Creation)

Level of description


Extent and medium

Loose papers in 2 manila folders

Context area

Name of creator


Administrative history

The foundation stone of St Peter’s Anglican Church was laid on the 1st of May 1866 on the corner of Anne and Bourke streets at Woolloomooloo (now Darlinghurst) by the Governor Sir John Young (1807-1876) and was officially opened on the 25th of July 1867 by the Bishop of Sydney, Frederic Barker. In 1986 the parish was merged with St John's Darlinghurst to form the Parish of East Sydney. The church was deconsecrated in 1993 and the building purchased by Sydney Church of England Girls' Grammar School (SCEGGS) Darlinghurst.

Archival history

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Content and structure area

Scope and content

Agendas, minutes and reports from meetings of St Peter's Parish Council.

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling


System of arrangement


Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access


Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Notes area

Alternative identifier(s)

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Description control area

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation revision deletion




Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places

Physical storage

  • Box: St Peter's Box 2
  • Shelf: B 26