- 1955 (Vervaardig)
Omvang en medium
Postcards, bound volumes, wooden and metal items, cloth items. 4 boxes
Naam van de archiefvormer
The Church of England Historical Society in the Diocese of Sydney was formed in 1955 after an exhibition of items held by the Royal Australian Historical Society was held at St Stephen's Church, Newtown. The inaugural meeting was held at St Stephen's Rectory on November 4th, 1955, with Archbishop H.W.K. Mowll as Patron and President. The Journal commenced publication the following year. The name was changed to the Anglican Historical Society in 1999 to reflect the change in name of the Anglican Church of Australia.
Geschiedenis van het archief
Directe bron van verwerving of overbrenging
Inhoud en structuur
Bereik en inhoud
This is an artificial series of "special items" collected by members of the Society. It contains books belonging to members and notable people, a collection of postcards featuring churches in the Diocese of Sydney and around Australia, and objects including a small wooden cross and a stole, and an illuminated address from St Peter's Burwood East to Rev. F.S. and Mrs Rogers.
Waardering, vernietiging en slectie
Voorwaarden voor toegang en gebruik
Voorwaarden voor raadpleging
Unrestricted. Handle with care.