Church of England Historical Society

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Church of England Historical Society

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1955-1999

History

The Church of England Historical Society in the Diocese of Sydney was formed in 1955 after an exhibition of items held by the Royal Australian Historical Society was held at St Stephen's Church, Newtown. The inaugural meeting was held at St Stephen's Rectory on November 4th, 1955, with Archbishop H.W.K. Mowll as Patron and President. The Journal commenced publication the following year. The name was changed to the Anglican Historical Society in 1999 to reflect the change in name of the Anglican Church of Australia.

Places

Sydney, NSW

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Related entity

Anglican Historical Society (2000-)

Identifier of the related entity

103

Category of the relationship

temporal

Type of relationship

Anglican Historical Society is the successor of Church of England Historical Society

Dates of the relationship

2000-

Description of relationship

Control area

Authority record identifier

102

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes