Series 102/1 - Parish folders

Identity area

Reference code

AU AU-MTC 102/1

Title

Parish folders

Date(s)

  • 1886-1999 (Creation)

Level of description

Series

Extent and medium

Loose papers and black & white photographs

Context area

Name of creator

(1955-1999)

Administrative history

The Church of England Historical Society in the Diocese of Sydney was formed in 1955 after an exhibition of items held by the Royal Australian Historical Society was held at St Stephen's Church, Newtown. The inaugural meeting was held at St Stephen's Rectory on November 4th, 1955, with Archbishop H.W.K. Mowll as Patron and President. The Journal commenced publication the following year. The name was changed to the Anglican Historical Society in 1999 to reflect the change in name of the Anglican Church of Australia.

Archival history

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Content and structure area

Scope and content

Pamphlets, news cuttings, parish magazines and photographs relating to parishes in the Diocese of Sydney

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling

Accruals

System of arrangement

Alphabetical by parish/suburb (not by church name)

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Open access

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Notes area

Alternative identifier(s)

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Description control area

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation revision deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places