- 1956-2001 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
2 bound volumes, loose papers in 1 manila folder
Name of creator
The Church of England Historical Society in the Diocese of Sydney was formed in 1955 after an exhibition of items held by the Royal Australian Historical Society was held at St Stephen's Church, Newtown. The inaugural meeting was held at St Stephen's Rectory on November 4th, 1955, with Archbishop H.W.K. Mowll as Patron and President. The Journal commenced publication the following year. The name was changed to the Anglican Historical Society in 1999 to reflect the change in name of the Anglican Church of Australia.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Membership application forms, members and visitors attendance book and members register
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Access restricted. Permission of current President required.