- 1965-1982 (Vervaardig)
Omvang en medium
Loose papers in manila folder
Naam van de archiefvormer
The foundation stone of St Philip’s Caringbah was laid on 2nd July 1927, although services had been held in the Burns Hall since October 1924. The first Rector, Rev. Arthur Reeves, was appointed in 1933. As the church grew, so did various groups including the Mothers’ Union, Women’s Guild, GFS and CEBS. Caringbah became a provisional district in February 1957. A new church building, the War Memorial Church of St Philip, was opened by Archbishop Gough on 24th June 1961. On 8th August 1961 the church was granted a rise in status to that of Parish, without the intervening stage of Provisional Parish. A parish hall was constructed for the congregation at Taren Point in 1965. The Philippian parish paper was issued from 1967-1970, then re-introduced in 1977.
Geschiedenis van het archief
Directe bron van verwerving of overbrenging
Inhoud en structuur
Bereik en inhoud
Minutes, financial records, ephemera, material relating to events and retreats.
Waardering, vernietiging en slectie
Voorwaarden voor toegang en gebruik
Voorwaarden voor raadpleging