Collection 121/1 - Order of the Comrades of St George

Identity area

Reference code

AU AU-MTC 121/1

Title

Order of the Comrades of St George

Date(s)

  • 1931 (Creation)

Level of description

Collection

Extent and medium

Loose papers in 1 manila folder

Context area

Name of creator

(1850-)

Administrative history

The Australasian Board of Missions was established in 1850 and led by the Bishops of the Church of England in Australia and New Zealand. It was constituted as a Board of the church by a Canon of General Synod in 1872. In 1995 the name was changed to the Anglican Board of Mission.

Archival history

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Content and structure area

Scope and content

The Order was an evangelistic movement for young people. The collection contains the constitution and by-laws, and some ephemera.

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling

Accruals

System of arrangement

None discernible

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Open access

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Notes area

Alternative identifier(s)

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Description control area

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation revision deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places

Physical storage

  • Box: Moore College box 173
  • Shelf: H 1