- 2005-2013 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
2 manila folders
Name of creator
The inaugural meeting took place on 28th October at St Andrew's Cathedral Chapter House. Lady Hampden, the wife of the Governor, was the first President. On 16th November 1896, fifteen members were enrolled at a meeting at Government House. The first Annual General Meeting was held in 1898. It was incorporated in August 1996. The governing body of the branch is the Diocesan Council, with the working body the Executive Committee. Departments include Caritas, Deaneries, Education, Hospital visiting, Overseas and Northern Outreach, Prayer and Spirituality, Promotion and Development, Publication, Publicity and Social Responsibility. The Patron is and has been for many years the wife of the Archbishop of Sydney. Past patrons and presidents have been the wives of Governors of NSW.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Slips collected from individuals for renewal of diocesan membership and subscription to Mia Mia, Home and Family, and Encompass magazines. Also includes related correspondence.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access